I found this mirror at a thrift store. It was originally $19.99, but I was able to talk her down to $14.99. I used a satin, antique white spray paint, and a fine sandpaper.
I loved how this turned out, but the one problem; Blake pointed out :) the antique white does not look good with the living room color on the wall. Bright whites look a lot better, so we are still trying to find a good place for it. We will probably put it in our bedroom for now.
It was a fun project to work on. Here is how I did it. . .
|I started out by sanding the high spots. . .|
|Then I taped off the mirror part, so it would be easier to spray paint. . .|
|Then I spray painted, let it dry, and did another coat. . .|
|Here's a closer look. . .|
|I sanded the high spots again. . .|
|I dusted it off and cleaned the mirror. . .|
|And this is what the finished product looks like. (sorry for the crotch shot).|